JETcard 3D Digital Press
Utilising MGI’s award winning and revolutionary inkjet technology, the JETcard 3D provides card manufacturers with an all-inclusive printing/encoding/finishing solution.
MGI’s JETcard 3D is a true Card Factory and can replace up to 5 different pieces of equipment traditionally used in the plastic card production chain: Litho press, collator, lamination press, die cutter and encoder/personalization printer.
The JETcard 3D utilises pre-cut blank cards (with/without magnetic stripe or RFID) and is ideal for turnkey production from 1 card to millions, all ready to be sold (fully printed, personalised, coated, encoded & verified).
The JETcard 3D is targeted for card manufacturers as well as commercial printers, maximising productivity for high volume applications while still remaining cost-effective for short runs. The JETcard 3D has already been awarded the prestigious "2010 Siemens Innovation Grand Prix" and the “2011 Engineering Prize", in recognition of MGI’s R&D achievement.
From an individual blank ISO CR-80 card, the JETcard 3D is able to achieve in one pass, the following processes:
• Pre-coating to ensure a full compatibility with the substrates available on the market (plastic, paper, PLA, etc.)
• Printing 4, 6 ou 8 colors to expand the spectrum of the printable colors
• Optional white opaque ink
• Optional security ink revealed only under a black light
• Micro text and guilloché patterns
• Full variable data printing including text, barcodes & images
• Spot UV coating or flood UV coating for card protection
• Read & write capabilities on HiCo/LoCo magnetic stripes
• Automated quality controls and rejection of the defective cards
New Enhanced Printing Functions:
• Printing with spectacular 3D raised effects
• Variable Data Printing even with 3D raised effects
• Hexacolor printing to expand the gamut and/or spot colors (orange, blue, ...)
JETcard 3D is using MGI’s inkjet system. This is a Drop-on-Demand (DoD) technology utilizing piezo heads mounted on a solid plate covering the entire printable width. It is a single pass printing process using UV curing inks & coatings.
Thanks to its UV inkjet technology, JETcard 3D prints up to 8,000 simplex color cards per hour
The best resolution achieves 720x2160 dpi
JETcard 3D is ISO CR-80 compliant. The printable format in full bleed mode is 53.98 x 85,6 mm (2.13 x 3.37”). The supported thickness are ranging from 350 to 1000 microns with an automatic print head adjustement. On request, oversized cards are supported.
PVC with/without treatment, PET, Teslin, PLA or other closed surface synthetic substrates
On coated paper or options including ArjoWiggins Sequoia, Monadnock Envi, etc.
500 card magazines reloadable on-the-fly, without production interruption. Each magazine is key-coded and can be addressed individually.
5 magazines with a total capacity of 2,500 cards, are mounted on a rotating carousel. They can be unloaded on-the-fly, without production interruption. Each magazine is key-coded and can be addressed individually.
The JETcard 3D production system includes several built-in quality control processes. These systems are using sensors & cameras to ensure that each card meets the highest quality criterias (data integrity, front & back matching, etc.). Defective cards are routed into a rejection bin.
JETcard 3D utilises UV inks. Depending upon the configuration, the JETcard 3D supports 4, 6 or 8 colors (cyan, magenta, yellow, black, white opaque, orange, blue, security ink/custom color,...)
The JETcard 3D is ISO CR-80 compliant. Therefore, it writes/reads on HiCo & LoCo magnetic stripes. The JETcard 3D encodes at the speed of 8,000 cards per hour. Each card is individually on-the-fly tested after the encoding (data integrity & ISO standard compliance).
• The JETcard 3D prints in 4, 6 or 8 UV colors. Each card can be printed with or without 3D raised effects.
The thickness of the 3D effects can vary from 8 to 100µm.
• Cards are printed in full bleed.
• The specialty features that are supported include micro text, guilloché patterns, signature panel, security ink (only seen under black light)
or spot customs colors.
Several UV coating features could be applied with the JETcard 3D:
• pre-coating prior to printing to better prepare the substrate
• spot coating to embellish and outline selected card areas
• flood coating to better protect the cards (abrasion & fraud)
An on-line and instant UV curing system ensures a perfect card drying. This is an ozone-free process. The finished cards stored in the output magazins are fully dryed and ready for handling.
The JETcard 3D comes with several MGI’s application software loaded. These software allows tvariable data printing management, overall card production management or operator proofing utilities. A powerful calculator enables predictive ink & coating consumptions prior production.
RIP & WorkStation
JETcard 3D comes with integrated Fiery RIP & WorkStation PC based systems. These systems are Ethernet connected (100/1000BT - RJ45) and are provided with screen/keyboard/mouse. They are loaded with MGI’s software suite.
• Hexacolor printing system and the 7th and 8th colors
• White opaque ink
• Security ink (under black light)
• Oversized cards (larger than CR-80 format)
Variable Data Printing
Drop-on-demand inkjet technology combined with the power of the integrated RIP enable full variable data printing on all JETcard 3D inks & coatings. Variable data printing applies on text, graphic, barcode (1-D & 2-D) & photos. Each card can be different from the its predecessor at the speed of 8,000 distinct cards per hour!
Price on application, please call us on +44 (0)1442 446446
Book a demonstration with MGI Technology
Make an appointment to visit the UK Demonstration Centre in Hemel Hempstead to see for yourself!