The JETvarnish 3D takes digital spot UV coating to a new dimension, featuring increased throughput for flat spot UV jobs and amazing 3D raised effects.
Ideal for operations with offset and/or digital presses up to 520 x 1050 mm format, the JETvarnish 3D is the perfect solution for 3D or traditional flat spot UV coating on runs from one to thousands, providing printers with true value-added services. Gain new customers & profitable markets and your clients will receive visually stunning pieces that allow them to differentiate themselves and with customization not available through traditional and analog spot UV coating methods.
JETvarnish series customers hail from all Graphic Arts sectors such as offset commercial printers, digital printers, finishing houses, silk screen printers, specialty photo printers and book publishers. The most popular jobs include book covers, brochures, business & invitation cards and packaging.
• MGI’s inkjet UV
• Drop-on-Demand (DoD) technology
• Piezo heads mounted on a solid plate covering the entire sheet width
• Single pass printing. Flexible & scalable printing architecture
Depending on your file and the paper used, the coating thickness can vary:
• from 3 microns (µ) same as a traditional flat spot UV coating
• up to 200µ* for 3D raised effects and a tactile finish.
* with the Twin option
• Up to 3,000 B2 sheet size per hour (flat spot UV coating)
• First page out in 16 sec. (no preheating or system latency)
• Left & right side lay guides on either side of the sheet. Overall registration of +/- 200 microns.
• New feature of automated registration using 2 on-board cameras - optical detection of crop marks
• Min: 210 x 300 mm / 8 x 11.8”
• Max: 520 x 740 mm / 20 x 29” (regular size)
• Max: 520 x 1050 mm / 20 x 42” (extended size)
From 135 to 600 gsm with motorised height-adjustment print heads
• Printing on matte or glossy laminated surfaces, with or without aqueous coating, layered paper, plastic, PVC, Polypropylene and other coated materials.
• NEW - 3D spot UV coat directly onto digital prints (ie. MGI Meteor) with no lamination or coating required.
• 515 x 735 mm (standard)
• 515 x 1045 mm (extended)
Coating and Special Inks
• New UV coatings specially formulated - with or without 3D raised effects
• The JETvarnish 3D now comes standard with 2 coating tanks and 2 coating circuits allowing a quick changeover between coatings.
• The first tank has a high capacity volume (18 liters / 4.7 US gal.). The second one is a recyclable 6 liters / 1.59 US gallon bag.
• “On-the-fly” tank changeover possible during production without any interruption.
• Capacity of ink circuit during operation - approximately 1 liter / 0.26 US gal.
• High capacity feeder able to handle a paper pile up to 600 mm / 23.6” high
• Approximately 4,000 sheets at 135 gsm
• 100% flat paper path
• Vacuum feed system
• Automatic double sheet detection
• High capacity stacker able to accomodate stacks up to 60cm/23.6” high
• Approximately 4,000 sheets at 135 gsm. Now includes a blowing system to cool down production.
Front End System
• Dedicated PC (CPU + screen + keyboard/mouse)
• Ethernet connection 10/100/1000 BT (RJ 45)
Built-in Application Software
• Comprehensive job queue management
• Predictive printing cost calculator (coating consumption)
• Dedicated image editor to do local and fast image editing prior to production
In-Line UV Dryer
• “On-the-fly” drying & curing via integrated UV lamps
• Spot Coated sheets can be immediately finished or handled, no additional drying time required
An on-site air system is necessary for the new sheet stacker blower (6 bar/87 PSI, 300 à 400 liters/min - 80/105 Gal/min.)
Maintenance and Technical Support
• Daily maintenance completed in less than 10 minutes
• Majority of procedures are automated
• Remote troubleshooting & support via included web camera (high speed internet connection required)
Integrated user-friendly touch-screen LCD.
• Twin option: 2nd print engine to double 3D print speed and coating thickness, up to 200 microns
• iFOIL option: a hot foil stamping module that connects inline with the JETvarnish 3D
• Eliminates resource waste (wasted electricity, paper and varnish)
• No plates (offset) or screens (screen printing)
• No messy cleanup or preparation between jobs
• Drastic reduction in amount of consumables and use of bulk packaging
• Coating without volatile solvent (no VOC)
Price on application, please call us on +44 (0)1442 446446
Book a demonstration with MGI Technology
Make an appointment to visit the UK Demonstration Centre in Hemel Hempstead to see for yourself!